Inside the Sidewinder tunnels, there are two big lights on the ceiling that you can ledge to, one on each side of the tunnel. The two lights have some minor differences in their appearances, but the means of getting on top of them is relatively the same.
Method 1 Edit
- Nose balance a Warthog against the wall next to the base entrance to the tunnel.
- Drive another Warthog into the middle of the entrance the balance is next to.
- With the Warthog, ledge into the light(s) and work your way towards the balance.
- Using the nose balance as a staircase, jump onto the edge of the big light.
- It is recommended to use 3rd person to do this, otherwise you are completely blind due to de-rendering.
Method 2 Edit
This method has only been proven to work at the Red base lamp.
- Park a Warthog facing forward against the wall next to the base entrance.
- Jump on top of the hog's turret and FR launch yourself up.
- If you can, try to land on top of the edge of the big light.
- Getting the launch just right takes practice, so don't give up if it doesn't work at first.
Other Information Edit
- The big lights are in relatively symmetrical positions, but the shape of them are slightly different. Whereas the Blue base light sticks out from the ceiling, the Red base light is actually depressed into the ceiling.
- The big lights, as their names suggests, are the biggest lights located on Sidewinder.