The Bottom of the Damnation Pit is a Master Chief Location. This stunt is fairly difficult, but has been known by stunters for quite some time.
The Bottom of the Damnation Pit was reached during the first year of Halo's release. The earliest record of the stunt is the video "Unleash the Fury" by Death Pena1ty, which was released in mid-2003.
- Walk onto the Overshield platform.
- If you have 800% shields set, then stand about one tank length away from the Overshield, and use a plasma grenade to drain your shields. (The distance prevents your grenade from displacing the Overshield.)
- Walk onto the left side of the platform, standing on the slanted edge, and throw a frag grenade behind the Overshield, so that it will fly into you when the grenade explodes.
- Walk backwards right before the grenade explodes, so that you start falling down beside the Overshield, but haven't picked it up.
- Start moving forward while falling, so that you grab the Overshield after you have fallen for four seconds.
Other Information Edit
- It is so foggy at the bottom of the pit that seeing the walls is nearly impossible without touching them.
- You can get to the bottom of the pit no matter what the settings are, as long as there are shields on the gametype.
- This is the second part to the Waterfall 2 Pit jump, a challenge on Jumprs.org.