Brute Shot Falling is an exploit in Halo 2 that allows the player survive falls that would normally kill the player. This exploit is similar to Corner Riding in that they both allow the player to bypass the fall timer's restrictions, but it is dissimilar in that you don't need a corner to fall with a Brute Shot.
When a player shoots the Brute Shot at the wall, the bullet ricochets off the wall and hits the player in the feet. The bullet explodes and slows the player down with its upwards explosive force. This change in speed resets the fall timer and allows the player to keep falling.
- Go to a location that is so high up that you can't survive the fall back down to the ground.
- This location has to have a wall that reaches all the way to the ground, but the wall can be curved or be at any slant.
- Look all the way down at your feet and slightly look up.
- Walk off the edge of the location and stay pressed against the wall.
- Every 2 1/2 seconds shoot a Brute Shot.
- The explosive force from the Brute Shot can knock you away from the wall. To counter this, run towards the wall the whole time in the air.