Corner Riding is a Halo 2 glitch that allows the player to fool the fall timer into resetting to keep the player from dying during very long falls. It can only be done down very steep surfaces by a right or acute angle, or a very small obtuse angle, if performed properly.
When corner riding, the player continually passes over a corner to reset the timer. Every time the player passes the corner, the player slows down. This slight slowing down resets the timer by making it think that you aren't falling anymore. This is also how the Brute Shot Falling exploit works.
- Go to a location that is so high up that you can't survive the fall back down.
- The building has to have a corner. The corner can be slanted or it can be vertical.
- Walk off the edge of the location and stay as near as you can to the corner.
- With the small amount of mobility you have sway back and forth from one side of the corner to the other.
- Players have used this glitch to fall from the Scarab Gun all the way down to the ground.