Fall Damage Reduction is an important exploit to learn as it can help the player survive falls that otherwise would harm or kill the player.
This method is the hardest method of reducing fall damage. If you time it right, the crouch method works by subtracting the speed of lour legs going up from the speed of your body going down, but if you uncrouch as you land, it adds the speed of your legs going down with the speed of your body going down and can make small falls deadly. This method has limits on how much damage it can reduce.
- Jump from a height that would normally injure you or kill you.
- When you are just above the ground, press crouch.
- The timing of the crouch varies depending on the speed you are that you are falling.
Vehicle Entry MethodEdit
This method doesn't have alot of practical uses. This method uses entering a vehicle before you hit the ground to eliminate or to reduce the amount of damage you take. This method has limits on how much damage it can reduce.
- Place a vehicle at the ground where you would land from the jump.
- Jump off from a height that would normally injure or kill and aim for the vehicle.
- When you get close to the vehicle, start pressing the action button repeatedly to get in the vehicle.
Steep Landing MethodEdit
This method can be used any where there is a sloped wall or ledge that you cannot walk on. This method works by landing on a slope that you can't walk on and having the slope convert some of your vertical momentum to horizontal momentum and slow down your fall. This method has limits on how much damage it can take away.
- Jump from a height that would normally injure or kill you and land on a slope you can't walk on.
- Stay on the slope the whole way to the bottom.
- The Vehicle Entry Method is used in the last part of Keyes to skip a large amount of fighting and go straight down to the Banshees.
- The Steep Landing Method is used in the beginning of Two Betrayals to skip all of the fighting down the structure and get to the Banshee faster.
- There are certain combinations of these methods you can use to get the maximum result. These combinations are Crouch Method with Steep Landing Method and Vehicle Entry Method with Sloped Landing Method.