The Hog on Top of Base stunt is a vehicle location that involves getting a Warthog on top of the Base on Blood Gulch. Sometimes it is not considered a stunt due to it's simplicity. In such cases, it is treated as a basic technique required for Hog Base Stunts.
Getting a Hog on top of the Blood Gulch Base was probably first done in December 2001, shortly after Halo's release.
PF Method Edit
- Place a Warthog about half a ghost length away from the edge of the base facing the base such that it won't run into a pillar when you PF it.
- PF underneath the back of the Hog.
- It helps to be standing a decent distance away from the Hog when you do this, so the frag doesn't bounce too much. When the frag bounces too much it won't sync with the plasma.
FR Method Edit
- Place a Warthog about a tank length away from the Base facing such that it won't land in the hole or run into a pillar when you FR it.
- Imagine the trajectory of the Hog and adjust its angle such that it will never pass over or into the hole or into a pillar.
- FR underneath the side of the Warthog closer to you to get the Warthog to land on the base.
Single Rocket Method Edit
- Place a Warthog about a quarter of a ghost length away from the base wall so it is below the space between a small pillar and an adjacent big pillar facing away from the base wall.
- Fire a rocket under the front of the Hog about half a ghost length away from it's front wheels.
- If you rocket too high the Hog will not make it on top of the base.
- You can do this step just as well while standing on top of the base in the space between the small pillar and adjacent big pillar by aiming just above the Hog's hood.
Crash Method Edit
- Place a Warthog half a ghost length away from the base wall so it is below the space between a small pillar and an adjacent big pillar facing the base wall.
- Get in a second Hog and drive straight into the back of the first Hog at full speed.