The PFR was first documented in 2004. However, it is thought to have existed since 2002.
The objective is to have three simultaneous explosions.
- Aim at the spot where you want to PFR.
- Throw a plasma grenade.
- As soon as you see the plasma grenade press your "switch grenades" button. Then repeatedly press your "throw grenade" button to throw the frag grenade as soon as possible.
- When you see the frag, repeatedly press your "fire weapon" button to fire a rocket as soon as possible.
Other information Edit
- If the frag is launched away when PFRing, you are either throwing the frag too late, firing the rocket too early, or bouncing the frag too much.
- The PFR is slightly more effective if you pause for a split a second before you fire your rocket. However, it should be noted that on connections with high latency or packet loss pausing before you fire your rocket is usually ineffective/superfluous.
- It may help to throw the frag grenade closer or further away from the target than the plasma grenade, depending on the surface and the target.
- PFRing works differently on different surfaces due to grenade bounce.